Monday, August 23, 2010

Need ADVICE ASAP, car insurance company!!!!?

Ok...On May 30th, almost a month ago. I was in a pretty decent accident. I was driving through an area that had construction going on, little did I know there was a car off to my right (in CONSTRUCTION ZONE)-Drving!!! He tried to speed up in front of me, realizing he had no room to cut me off %26amp; (get in the right lane), he ended up side sweepeing me....all down my passenger side, causing me to hit 2 barracades!


In total, my passenger side back door is DONE,passenger side front door, passenger side fender, mirror, wheel was brand new..scuffed, hub cap is ruined, my front bumper is RUINED, my hood, my grille...


I only have liability therfore my insurance company will not be covering it...I filed a claim through them, then called the other guy's insurance company, filed a claim. By Monday I had a call back from Dairyland where he is insured, they set up an appointment for an adjuster to come check out my car. He came took pics, he said he considered it totalled, but would have to go to his office do research and get back to me with what his conclusion was.


----TOTALLED is what he said. He said that it would cost more than the car is worth to fix it. (Keeping in mind it is a 98' Honda Civic)


So i said OK. He told me he would have a new agent who deals with total losses contact me, with a quote,this WAS 3 WEEKS AGO!!!!


Not only that, the lady who took my statement some young annoying attitude B!T$H said ok, now I just need to call your witness and get his statement, she said it should only take a day!-NEVER did I get a call back that was 2 WEEKS AGO!


SO! I go back to the adjuster, calling him saying hey I havent heard from either of THEM, whats going on, come to find out the girl had been on vacation for ONE WEEK, ok well what about the other week? AND AS FAR AS THE NEW TOTAL LOSS AGENT!!!!?


What is going on!? I have never been into an accident, what the HELL IS TAKING SO LONG!? This isnt my fault some dumb little BOY hit my car, and driving around with a MEESSSSSSSSSED up looking car, and theyre just going to drag their feet!!!?


what do i do?Need ADVICE ASAP, car insurance company!!!!?
wow, that's some story! sorry it's such a mess-Dairyland is really usually fast with claims, too. so they have pics and (by their rules) he turned it over to someone more experienced in total losses-and they needed a witness' statement-and they haven't called. so call the claims center and tell them super cold politely you need a supervisor for an escalated claim please and give the claim number, and if that supervisor can't explain, ask for the escalation supervisor(unless that's who you already got) and ask specifically what is delaying the claim. they may need to call you back (sorry) because they can't leave you on hold too long. (the phone system may kick your call off). and IF they can't tell you anything at all, you may need an attorney-but call the state DOI first to complain.Need ADVICE ASAP, car insurance company!!!!?
I heard usually when a claim is taking too long, suing the at fault driver in small claims court becomes an option. Get a few estimates from body shops or print off the blue book value and then sue.
stay on the insurance company and if they continue to drag there feet file a complant with the bbb (better bisness bueru) that will speed them up

No comments:

Post a Comment