Monday, August 23, 2010

My Dad was killed in a workplace accident at a multi billion dollar refinery company. I need legal advice!?

7 years later the company's lawyers have offered my 3 sisters and I 20 Thousand Australian dollars in compensation. I don't want any of their money. I just want justice. I want them to admit their negligence and apologise to us for our tragic loss. Their offer of a measly 20 grand is such an insult to the value of life of our father and children's grandfather. A drop in the ocean to such a wealthy company. To them he was just another number. The thing that disturbs me, is that if the accident had occurred 20 years prior when my sisters and I were four little girls, our mum would have been widowed and would by no means been able to pay the mortgage on our family home. We would have not only lost our father but been forced out of our home. There needs to be some sort of protection to stop company's like this destroying the lives of young families!My Dad was killed in a workplace accident at a multi billion dollar refinery company. I need legal advice!?
I don't mean to seem crude, but your Father chose a job that had risks. One of those risks is death and leaving his family. He got paid well for a job well done. With your own admission, he was able to raise three daughters and a wife on that pay. You should be grateful you got anything. I'm sorry for your loss, but that's the way it goes.My Dad was killed in a workplace accident at a multi billion dollar refinery company. I need legal advice!?
Go see a good lawyer. If it was here in the US they would drool the moment you told them about it.





NONE OF YOU SIGN ANYTHING UNTIL YOU DO. Don't even sign the lawyers contract until you've talked to a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment