Saturday, August 21, 2010

I had an interview in a telesales company. would you like to give me any advice?

If it's telemarketing I'll tell you it's a tough road. You have to have a thick skin. Good luck.I had an interview in a telesales company. would you like to give me any advice?
Yea get a real sales job, Telesales is a pile of crap, you need to be out and about meeting people, figure out what you like and then go sell it, nothing worse trying to sell something you don't like, if you like cars, go sell cars, if you like horses go sell horses, you get the Idea, don't waste your life in a call center...I had an interview in a telesales company. would you like to give me any advice?
Turn back, it's a trap. All you'll do is call folks at dinner time and honk them off. Unless you like being sworn at, I don't think telesales is your best employment option!
If you already had the interview then there really is no advice we can give you.
Here! Just in case you get the job a few hints from England.





10 Ways to Terrorize a Telemarketer





Number 10:


When they ask ';How are you today?'; Tell them! ';I'm so glad you asked because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems; my arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died.';


Number 9:


If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company.


Number 8:


Cry out in surprise, ';Judy! Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?'; Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of pause as she tries to figure out where she could know you from.





Number 7:


If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends plan, reply, in as SINISTER a voice as you can, ';I don't have any friends... would you like to be my friend?';


Number 6:


If they want to lend you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and could use some.


Number 5:


Tell them you are on ';home arrest'; and could they bring you a crate of beer and some chips.


Number 4:


After they give their spiel, ask them to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you can't your card number to a stranger.


Number 3:


Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask them if they will give you their HOME phone number so you can call them back. When the telemarketer explains that they cannot give out their HOME number, you say ';I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home?'; They will agree and you can then say, ';Now you know how I feel!';


Number 2:


Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. ';Come on Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how's your mom?';


Number 1:


Tell them to talk VERY SLOWLY, because you want to write EVERY WORD down
Yes!! Run they are hipocriticly big liers.
it's important to be ambitious but also you will have to fit into the team. not much you can do about that as they either see you working for them or not but it would be a plus if you researched the company and knew about them before you went
being that the interview has already come and gone there isn't much advice i can give. I would say to be prepared to answer hard questions: what are your weaknesses?





dumb response would be- none, or i can't think of any.





The best answers are ones you can turn into positive things like - I'm not patient enough with myself, or I'm afraid I might spend too much time with one customer just to make sure they're all set with their new products





also think about this:





Situation- problem


Task- what you did to solve the problem


Result - and the result of your actions





its a popular interview question





~Mike, 23, SC


Verizon Wireless

No comments:

Post a Comment