Saturday, August 21, 2010

Advice on reporting a company for paying less than minimum wage?

I worked for an American design studio in London after I graduated and was paid under the minimum wage and was offered NO commission or extra pay for my designs. I was also expected to work 9am-6pm and design AND make 7-10 finished designs (dresses and tops) a week. All of course which I never got paid properly for.





I'd like to report them, but I'm afraid they'll get away with it as they list all their designers as 'freelance' even though everyone one of the designers were in the studio 9am-6pm every weekday.





They also never do contracts with their designers and so can fire anyone whenever they like with no severance pay. This happened to me. It came out of nowhere, but I suspect that they knew I was about to quit. I ended up having NO money to buy food or go out to interviews because I could only manage my rent.Advice on reporting a company for paying less than minimum wage?
i would suggest you that u should remain quite, becuase if you are going to take an action againest your company, it will cost you also


more over in your future other companies will hesitate to hire you.Just because they will fear that they can also be sued...

No comments:

Post a Comment