Monday, August 23, 2010

Advice on how to return an item to a company that won't respond to me?

Advice on how to return expensive item to company that won't respond to me?


I have this thing I bought for 60 dollars online and got it through the mail. It is called My Snoring Solution. It completely does not work on me. They say that they will refund your money if you return it with the packaging slip. But I distinctly remember there being no packaging slip in the envelope. I have tried to contact them twice but they have not emailed me back.





There is no phone number for this company whatsoever. I checked my package and the website- nothing. They don't even have an email address- all they have is one of those fill-in- the-box-with-your-message pages. The day I got it, I emailed them saying it did not work and I wanted to return it. they have not emailed me back.





I am not sure if they are even reading their emails. I got this thing because I have sleep apnea and I hoped it would hold my chin out so as to unblock the airways, as this is the express function of the sling. Instead, it presses my chin backwards, into my neck, making my breathing worse than before.





I am not sure who to call. Also, I have checked my email and for some reason, I cannot find evidence of my online purchase. I searched and searched. Help!Advice on how to return an item to a company that won't respond to me?
You said you bought this item online. I am assuming that you used either a debit or credit card to pay. If so, just return the item.





Next phone your bank and tell them you need to file a ';Reg E'; complaint. The bank will help you complete paper work and the bank will retrieve your money. It could take the bank a few weeks, but you will probably get it back pretty quick.





You are allowed to file a REG E complaint because you ordered a product wasn't working. You returned it and should have received a total refund. Don't tell the bank more details than that.





If you tell the bank too much, they might just think you are filing a REG E complaint because you aren't happy with the purchase. People who aren't happy with the product still need to pay for their purchase.





You, on the other hand, received a product that doesn't work so you returned it, and you are entitled to a full refund.





Many internet retailers use this technique. They promise money back satisfaction, then they don't answer phones or emails so most consumers give up. Meanwhile the retailer has sold you an overpriced worthless item and kept all you money.





To find our more about the FDIC's REG E check out the FDIC link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment