Monday, August 23, 2010

Can anyone offer some help or advice Im having trouble contacting a debt consolidation company?

I took out a debt consolidation plan witha company called Clear Cut Finance about 2 years ago as I had a bad accident at work and was unable to pay my credit card companies.





All was going fine until Febuary when they didnt pay any of my creditors at all so I decided that I would cancel the contract and reach an agreement with the companies direct, this is where the problems started I have been unable to contact them either by telephone using a personalised number I was given or their main number, by e-mail and also by the well contact you page on their website.





I look through the contract and it said I could cancel the contract by putting it in writing and giving them 4 weeks notice which I did and then I cancelled my standing order 4 weeks later.





They have now started paying the creditors again even through they are no longer taking money from me so I have again tried contacting them but nothing.Can anyone offer some help or advice Im having trouble contacting a debt consolidation company?
Well to be honest it seems you have done all that you can by phoning, writing and emailing and as you have got copies and you can prove it you should be ok. The only thing that would happen is that they would have to try and get the money back from your creditors that they have been paying. It does sound like they are a little dodgy if you dont seem to be able to get hold of them. I wouldnt go by the Companies House website though .. it doesnt really mean anything if accounts are a little overdue.





I think the best thing you could do would be to contact your creditors and explain the situation and see if you can come to an agreement direct with them. They could then refuse any payment from Clear Cut Finance. Also it may be in your best interest to contact the citizens advice bureau and see what they suggest. They may be able to write to this company too and that would just be more to back you up.





Good luck with it .. I hope you manage to get it all sorted out. Have been in a very similar situation very recently so know what you are going through.





*Edit* Have just been on their website (which is crap!!) and thought why dont you put your phone number in and ask for a call back as though you are a new customer. I bet they phone you back then!! Maybe use a different phone number so they wouldnt be able to search it?? Just an idea.Can anyone offer some help or advice Im having trouble contacting a debt consolidation company?
If you are English try Byrom and Keely they are very good, you will have phone calls from people asking for the debts to be cleared but they soon stop the address is


Byrom and Keely


PO Box 424


Altrincham


Cheshire


WA14 3WX


Hope i have helped if they can't help they will find you someone who will. good luck.
Send a letter of termination to the company at whichever address they have listed. Make sure its registered mail with return receipt. Close the account that you were using to fund the program, you don't want those auto debits to hit your account again. You should be fine if you have followed these steps.





Moreover, these guys seem shady, you should complain to the local Better Business Bureau office.

No comments:

Post a Comment