Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fashion advice for a fashion idiot: what do i wear to a company picnic, hubby is new partner in small company?

Hi! I would REALLY appriciate any advice you could lend. I am so nervous. My husband joined a new company this year, and I haven't had to meet anyone yet. This weekend I am supposed to be hosting a picnic at a local park. I had some cheap barbeque catered, someone else is helping me set up some casual games good for families, etc. The problem is I am not in fashion right now at all, and i have to look my best since I am going to be scrutinized, and I also will be bringing my 3 1/2 year old and 1 1/2 year old sons with me (and man are they a handful!) What do you think? I'm screwed right? My kids are going to scream the whole time and I am going to be dressed like an idiot. Oh please help! Also, tank tops are not an option, I inherited my grandmothers upper arms (not so attractive). Thanks so much for any advice!! : )Fashion advice for a fashion idiot: what do i wear to a company picnic, hubby is new partner in small company?
Don't put so much emphasis on what you're wearing to this picnic! Trust me, your hubby's partner's are going to be watching how you handle yourself, not your wardrobe. Wear something functional, yet cool - say a pair of tailored shorts, a sleevless shell with a cute matching shirt over. That way, if it gets really warm, you can shed the shirt and still look classy. Go show your hubby that you are truly HIS LADY! Enjoy!!!!Fashion advice for a fashion idiot: what do i wear to a company picnic, hubby is new partner in small company?
Look classy and conservative. It works in all situations!
Wear a pair of comfortable denim or khaki capris with some cute brown or leather sandals. Wear a nice, button down, fitted shirt (NOT in white- but with 2 little kids you probably know this by now :). Whatever you wear, just be comfortable. If you're self-conscious, everyone else will see it, and you won't make a good impression. You just planned a fabulous picnic, have two great kids, and your husband is a partner in his company. Who could scrutinize and judge you after that?
shop @ macys dont look 2 old! wear pink!!!and black pants stuff like that. if u want a younger look, try forever 21 or charlottte russe
OK, first of all, as trite as it sounds, you have to convince yourself that you're a fun, interesting person! And while your children will be children, they're really only insufferable when their parents aren't even attempting to control them.





As for what to wear, I would suggest something casual but still nice-looking. Try a nice short-sleeved shirt with capris or a casual skirt and sandals (paint your toenails!). Wear some simple earrings or a simple pendant necklace. This outfit doesn't look like you're trying too hard, and fits pretty much any outdoor event. And don't forget your smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment