Saturday, August 21, 2010

Im a first time sports bike rider my uncle works for a motorcycle company and i was gonna get a r6 need advice

such as everyone saids dont do it your gonna kill yourself but i honestly think if god wanted me dead he'll do it i hate speeding im not cocky and i was gonna drop it 2 in i also live in Fl not that much traffic but i hear ppl still get into pretty bad accidents can someone tell me the best advice and what kind of equiment do i need pleaseIm a first time sports bike rider my uncle works for a motorcycle company and i was gonna get a r6 need advice
I would take a riding course if you haven't already. They will teach you things you never thought of or that you may do and realize it is wrong and can get you into trouble. Riding gear would be a nice investment. A helmet that is decently built and is comfortable for you to wear, riding jacket (padded and abrasian/skid protection) and same for pants. A pair of riding gloves would be nice too.Im a first time sports bike rider my uncle works for a motorcycle company and i was gonna get a r6 need advice
See this.





http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm





Be truthful with yourself. I ride and I know the dangers. So I don't take risks. But even so other car drivers will do stupid stuff and danger your life - no matter how safely you ride..








Good Luck...
R6 is not a suitable first bike.
Your death will be quick, but not painless.





Go get a starter bike, listen to your unicle
First off and this is probably the best advice ANYONE will give you, DO NOT GET AN R6!! I repeat...DO NOT. No offense to yamaha but I've been riding for just about 18 years now. They're nightmares. Gixxer600 or CBR600, only way to go. I started out on a kawi 600 and it was nice. Kawi's come a long way and back up to a respectable level. It doesn't matter if you're cocky on a bike, (like you said) if its your time...it's your time. The bad thing about the 6's now is they're wicked light and FAST! Touchy throttles and amazing machines. Here are some definite investments:





1. Frame Sliders (will save your bike in the first two weeks of riding and accidental tip overs)


2. Gloves (with carbon fiber knuckles)


3. Boots (sidi or alpinestars)


4. HJC helmet (best bang for your buck, shoei's overrated. Arai has sicky graphics. Stay away from Bell)


5. Lastly, a textile jacket w/ a removeable liner and DOT approved construction pads





Other than that, DONT BUY AN R6. Yamaha's are maintenance nightmares. I don't know what they're thinking but they seem to be so technically advanced that the machine can't work right. Remember CBR600 or GSXR600. You'll thank me in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment