Monday, August 23, 2010

Is my phone company being honest with me? I need some advice.?

About 4 months ago I moved across the state and at the same time decided to look into bundeling my phone, internet, and TV services to try and save a few bucks. I called around searching for the best deal. I had phone service with Qwest prior to my move and when I called them they quoted me at around $94 a month before taxes, I asked if this was an introductory rate or if it was the set rate, the person on the other end said it was the set rate, so I decided to go with them.





However, my first bill arrived and it was over $150. I knew there was no way that the taxes and fees were $60, so I called them right away and the representative informed me that it would be lower the next month and that it was all of the set up charges that had made my bill so high.





Well, next month my bill was $147. I called immediatly and this time I was told that the person I talked to when I first set up my services had misquoted me. I said, well that is not my fault, what are you going to do about it? To this they informed me that because I had been getting the service for more than 2 months now they couldn't offer me any other discounts because ';the opportunity had expired'; and that I didn;t qualify for the rate I got quoted (which turned out to be introductory) anyways because I technically wasn't a new customer. They then ';did the best they could'; and lowered the internet portion of my bill by $15 dollars a month for one year. I kept asking isn't there someone else I can talk to (I talked to about 3 different people) I don't feel this is fair, it is essentially bait and switch right? They kept telling me that they allready did everything that they could.





Sorry, that was a long explanation, but what should I do? I fee like they misled me and now I have to pay for it. I also find it hard to believe that there was ';nothing more they could do';. Any advice?Is my phone company being honest with me? I need some advice.?
Tough one. Is there any chance that you kept any info on the deal such as web links or research you did up until the time you called them? Sometimes you can find links to old deals on the web and use that as leverage. However, I would simply tell them you are not paying on the bill until you speak to a supervisor.





Make sure that you write down the date and time of your communications and ask the name of the person you are speaking with. I would continue to call until you get satisfaction. If you don't get anywhere with them, you could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.





No matter whom you speak with and when, remain professional and just explain to them that you want the deal you were quoted, that you respect that they are simply customer service agents but that you;d really like to get to the bottom of this. Tell them (respectfully) if they cannot find a way to make the appropriate adjustments that you will shop for a new service provider. Is my phone company being honest with me? I need some advice.?
we also recently bundled all 3 services and and were quoted a price( much lower than yours) and was also surprised to find that my bill was not as originally discussed. after two hours on the phone (with someone not obviously not local) I was told that it was because we started services in the middle of one month and that our charges were carried over onto the questionable bill.the bill was not detailed making things very confusing, but after finding this out at least i knew we wern't being suckered just ill informed. hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment