Saturday, August 21, 2010

Credit Card Company took $1000 Legal Advice Anyone?

a couple years ago my mother put my name on a credit card she said that she was paying it off about a week ago i got a phone call from the card company saying that i owed 1000 dollars or they were gonna take me to court and put a black mark on my credit for the next ten years needless to say i freaked out i gave them my account information to pay the card off i later spoke to mother and she said that she has proof the card was paid off so i called the company and she also called the company and told them not to touch money out of the account i called the bank to put to stop the transaction they told me they told me they couldnt since i didnt pay for it from their online account (im getting a new bank btw) i just found out that they took the 1000 out of my account is there anything i can do to get that money back if your wondering why i would give my account to anybody its cause im 22 i panicked i didnt know what else to doCredit Card Company took $1000 Legal Advice Anyone?
Talk to your bank as well. This was a fraudeluent charge. You can get your bank to give you your money back IF you have proof that the money was taken. (This happened to me with one of my own old cards that I had already paid off, I went a little wild my first year on my own, but paid, thought maybe I had forgotten one, but they screwed up by selling my debt to a collection agency after I had already paid in full) My bank refunded my money and investigated it. I also filed a lawsuit against the company, who inturn, refunded my bank and took the account off my credit report.


You may want to get a copy of your credit report, you can get on free every year by law @ annualcreditreport.com, so that you can make sure they did mess up your credit report!


Hope I helped!!!Credit Card Company took $1000 Legal Advice Anyone?
Consult your attorney as soon as possible.





So far, you have only suffered the loss of money. If you were defrauded, you may be able to recover the money and credit status.





However, it may appear to some prosecutor that you and your mother were committing credit card fraud. That could be a felony.





If you do not have an attorney, use the lawyer referral service at your state's bar association website.
Hi, after reading your situation, there is a solution. Having access to the justice system is vital, especially in today's society. Since this a private matter contact me via email for more details: lighonthehill24@yahoo.com
1. As for the act of them taking out $1,000, you gave them your account information and agreed they could debit your account. If you owed the debt, not much you can do here unless they violated a provable payment arrangement.





2. If you have proof the debt was paid or if they violated a payment arrangement, they must refund any extra money. If they fail do so you can take them to court to get the money back and sue for damages. How much damages? You need to ask a lawyer in your State.





*Never* give out bank account information to repay a debt until you receive a *written* payment arrangement (agreements over the phone mean nothing).
Contact them and explain that you have documentation that the debt was previously paid off and you need the money transfered to your account IMMEDIATELY.





Speak to a supervisor not a peon.





If that doesn't work contact an attorney. There may be one willing to take on the case pro-bono. This is a very touchy time for credit card companies and the legislation is defiantly trending away from them and toward borrowers. Be firm, do not waver and get your money back.





Afterwards smack your mother for being negligent and ruining your credit rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment