Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need some advice. my home insurance company wont pay out because my claim can't be justified????

on the 30th june i accidentally knocked my tv over when cleaning behind it.i was 35weeks pregnant. the screen cracked so i phoned insurance. since then i have made umpteen phone calls as i seem to be getting no where. they had someone come out and have a look at it and i had a phone call from them earlier saying it still cant be justified how the tv fell over. he said he will send out a witness statement for me to write and sign. (its legal and general) i would really appreciate some advice on what i should do now? thanksI need some advice. my home insurance company wont pay out because my claim can't be justified????
In general, ';oops I knocked my tv over'; isn't covered under the standard homeowners policy. So, the tv falling down - for WHATEVER reason, isn't going to be a covered claim. Contents - including televisions - are covered on a named peril basis. That means, fire, theft, vandalism, vehicular damage (like a car driving through your house), explosion, that sort of thing.





Talk to your agent. See if your policy would cover that. Most of the time, it won't. Until/unless you get a denial in writing from the company, the claim is open. If you do get the denial, look at your policy, and see why the claim is denied. You should be able to see it, in your policy, also.
  • applying eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment