Saturday, July 31, 2010

Legal advice: training company trying to screw me?

a little more than a year ago i signed up for a gym membership. while there i signed a contract with a training company that was subcontracted. about 6 months later the gym decided not to renew their contract with this company and had me sign a new contract with a new training company. i was advised that everything would transfer over. i recieved a letter from the old company that i would be able to recieve the training i paid for at another gym. i told my trainer and she advised me to ignore it. and now i've been called by a collections company about this contract saying that i owe them money. i told my trainer and she says the lawyers have it handled. then i recieve a letter from the collections company still saying i owe money. i looked on my credit report and there's nothing there from these people. my trainer told me that they are just trying to scare me. she told me that she's gonna send a copy of this letter to their lawyers to send to the credit agencies. what can i do to take care of this myself? or should i just wait and see?Legal advice: training company trying to screw me?
Consult your own attorney. Let him read the two contracts you signed, and sort it out. Do not trust either of the other two parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment