Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need some advice!!! I am employed with a company and my yearly appraisal is long over due!?

My supervisor call me yesterday and asked me to sign a blank appaisal form to which i did not! The problem is that he just does not want to full out the form. I perform all my duties and even more, I worked in the night with no compensation. HR told me to fill out a claim form which I did. That form was given to the manager. They never signed it. I left it that way. I still go the extra mile with my job.Need some advice!!! I am employed with a company and my yearly appraisal is long over due!?
Difficult! You were right not to sign a blank form. I suspect your supervisor/manager is trying to avoid doing his bit.





Do you have a workplace councellor ? Could you chat to them about your concerns ? Or a union or even HR. Be careful about escalating this to a full complaint as that can be counter-productive (marks you out as a troublemaker). Also, a pay rise is a 'gift' not a right unless your job description states that you will have an annual pay rise.





Is your company in financial trouble? could this be a way of avoiding giving a pay rise? Or even worse, might they be looking for redundancies?Need some advice!!! I am employed with a company and my yearly appraisal is long over due!?
Are you expecting a merit increase? Is that why you are concerned? Or are you looking for constructive criticism in order to do your job better?





What you do next depends on your motives.





Be up front about your needs and help your supervisor to understand why this is important to you. Sounds like he thinks it's a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment