Thursday, July 29, 2010

The legality and trouple of co-opting an abandoned company logo. Advice please.?

Through the help provided in another Yahoo Answers question, I have found the status of a logo I was searching for. I now have two questions.


1. If the United States Patent and Trademark Office lists the Trademark as DEAD and cites it as CANCELED, what does that mean for someone wishing to acquire it for their own use?


2. There is a logo this company used in its infancy, which may never have been registered at all. I doubt very much I can contact the company heads who have all moved on or passed on, and I would like to acquire the logo without alerting the current owner of the property who apparently have let almost all the original company's trademarks die. This is for fear they would beat me to the usage (if I can get use at all) on a trademark they clearly don't care about but may not want others to use. My question here is how do I go about securing this apparently ';lost'; trademark for my own use?





Both trademarks do not contain the name of the company. Thanks a lot for your tiThe legality and trouple of co-opting an abandoned company logo. Advice please.?
Sounds like you can use the logo without issues especially if the company merged with another company and no longer exists as its own legal entity.The legality and trouple of co-opting an abandoned company logo. Advice please.?
Thank you very much.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment