Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Virgin Media-what can I do with this company?I am extremily upset and stressed out. Please give me advice/?

I paid june/julys phone bill of 拢75 on the 29th July and ensured the funds were in my account to cover it, I have since paid the next bill of 拢15 just a few days ago, however it was not until I went to my bank yesterday that I realized my account was overdrawn through virgin media taking the payment out of 拢75 only two days ago, the day before they took the 拢15 bill payment, almost a month after I had called up to pay it.


My bank have checked their clearing system and can confirm I did make the payment at the end of July, however virgin media had made no attempt to take it until the 21st August. I have spoken to several people including managers at virgin media who state that it must be the banks error, but the bank state it certinatly was an error of virgin media. None of the 2 companys are helping me and I feel as if I am being shoved back and forward between the two and in the meantime i hav an unorthorised overdraft of 拢53 and recieved bank charges too. What can I do about this?Virgin Media-what can I do with this company?I am extremily upset and stressed out. Please give me advice/?
Virgin media is a mess. I am better off with sky.Virgin Media-what can I do with this company?I am extremily upset and stressed out. Please give me advice/?
in part its ur own fault for not checking your bank account, however im like you. once i have made the call and paid over the phone, i expect it to go out of the account within a few days and I do not check my account daily, only when i know things are being paid into it or out of it.





at the end of the day, virgin have not taken payment within a satisfactory timescale.. I would write a letter explaining to virgin what has happened, enclose any correspondance from your bank, along with copies of bank statements (tippex or blank out transactions you do not need them to see) and copies of bank charges noticies etc... and state you wish to claim back these charges due to unsatifactory customer service





send copies of this letter to your bank so they know what is happening and then wait and see what happens.





if all fails, you maybe able to make a claim against the bank for undue charges.
Do not blame the companies it is your fault for not making sure that your outstanding payments are taken into account when establishing your balance. Bank on-line and pay your bills on-line then you can see all your dues out and current balance.
Ring their customer services and ask to speak to a manager. Explain what has happened and tell them it is their fault you have incurred charges and that you want them back. Explain about the clearing system has confirmed you paid at the end of July and that unless they can give you a good reason for not taking it for three weeks you would at least like the charges incurrred back, either by way of cheque or credit to your account. If all eklse fails speak to your bank and explain that it was not your fault and ask them if they would waive the charge this time as they can see it was not your fault.


Make sure you talk to a manager or supervisor, and stand your ground dont be fobbed off.





Hope this helps
As previous answers have suggested, tackle this both with Virgin Media and the bank. I suggest not bothering with phoning in - being put on hold is a time-consuming, stressful and sometimes expensive business. Find out the best address and person to write to (ie the Manager of Customer Services etc) and write stating the facts of what has happened. Include bank statements or other proof to show the charges you have incurred. Say that you are disappointed that a company said to pride itself on customer relations could have made such a mistake. (Flattery often pays!)


Keep the letter to one page maximum. At the end, state ';I look forward to receiving a cheque for the incurred sum of 拢53 within the next 14 days, as an effort to recompense the stress and inconvenience caused.'; This obliges them to reply quickly. Send the letter registered delivery.


At the same time, contact your bank in the same way (it might be best to address it to the manager of your branch - find out his/her name.) Explain the situation and say that you would be grateful if the charges could be wavered, as the situation arose through no fault of your own, and you have been a reliable customer for X years. Also include a similar phrase ';I would be grateful if you could credit my account with the above some within 14 days'; or, less pushy ';I look forward to receiving your response within 14 days';.


For further, excellent information on reclailing unfair bank charges, try www.moneysavingexpert.com. Good luck, and try not to get too stressed, it's bad for your health and you can't get that refunded!
Regardless of what they say or which company it is. its your banks fault.


for not holding it properly, if they know a claim was made for it on the 29th july (from their clearing system) but letting you use those funds %26amp; then letting it be paid when you have no funds (let me guess, the bank made money from this) by charging you, why do you think there are so many claims for unfair charging....





Banks have a holding account, its your banks responsability to place the funds into the holding account.


Read your banks code of conduct. %26amp; report them to the FSA.





Its your banks fault not Virgin Media.
I'm with virgin media also...have had many problems with them, although they have resolved them promptly for me. I always tell them that I'm leaving to go to Sky and they are more than willing to accommodate me then. It doesn't help tho, that when I ring i sometI'mes can't understand the accent of the person im talking too, therefore I have to hang up and ring back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment