Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Help! I need advertising advice! How do I get companies logos onto my poster, or website, etc.?

I want to get sponsors for our event but I don't know how to get their logo onto the poster or website. Do I need a special soft ware? How do I request the Logo from the company? Thanks!Help! I need advertising advice! How do I get companies logos onto my poster, or website, etc.?
You don't need the logos until you get the sponsorship, and once you do, they will be happy to send you their logo in the format you need (most likely you want jpegs). The Marketing/Public Relations department would be the ones to contact for the logos/information on use.Help! I need advertising advice! How do I get companies logos onto my poster, or website, etc.?
This is not an advertising question, this is a *computer* question, much like your other one was.





You need to find someone who can personally explain to you how to copy, move, and convert files of various types within your computer. Most major companies have their logos prominently displayed in various file formats on their Web sites. All you need to do is copy, save, and possibly convert the image files. How you would do this depends on what type of software you're using to create your posters, brochures, etc.





Someone who knows how to use the software that's on *your* specific computer -- or at least knows what type of software you have -- would be able to give you precise, step-by-step instructions.
If you're putting a logo on something that needs to be printed, you'll need a high-resolution version of it to give to your print shop. Ask the company for a PDF, EPS or TIFF file of their logo. Let them know you'll be using it in print and what for. Some companies have specific versions of their logo to use in certain places and not in others. The logo should be at minimum, 300 dpi for print and in CMYK color format, not RGB.





For the web, you an simply find the logo using Google Image search, or on their website. Left-click on it, select ';Save Picture As'; and then save it to your hard drive. Then you can send it to whoever needs it or import it into your website program.

No comments:

Post a Comment