Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Company holiday party woes..I need some advice on this!?

We're having a holiday party at work and since I've only been there a few months, I'm obligated to go. I didn't want to at first because I don't have a boyfriend at the moment and everybody is going to be bringing their spouses/boyfriends/girlfriends, etc. So I figured I'd just go and bring my best friend with me. My friends know who she is and are excited to meet her, but I don't want to give off a lesbian vibe to people. I managed to do that once before when I brought my other best friend with me to my grandmother's 50th wedding anniversary. She invited my best friend so she came with and my aunt made insulting lesbian comments all night.





Now, my friends know who she is so I don't care, but I don't want other people to get the wrong impression. What do you all think of this?Company holiday party woes..I need some advice on this!?
smile, be brave, enjoy the party, but do be aware of how you carry yourself with your friend, it is easy to give off the wrong vibes (esp. as the answer above says - to the those who can be ignorant - it's your friends that really matter!). try %26amp; think of a casual answer to people if you hear of rumours, shrug it off with a laugh %26amp; joke. smiling, being aware, but not too afraid can help, my friend is a lesbian, but is quite convincing as straight, just to keep the rumours at bay.





hope you do eventually enjoy the party!Company holiday party woes..I need some advice on this!?
I would bet my paycheck your work people are more mature than your close-minded aunt.
I think wrong impressions are a fact of life that you will never avoid. I know I find it more efficient to find ways to live with that simple fact than to alter my quality of life in an attempt to to do the impossible of never giving anyone a wrong impression. Personally, I work at correcting wrong impressions when - and if - the opportunity arises and letting the actions of others reflect on them more than me at all times. Who am I to say what others should think? Why would I let those thoughts of others rule my life?





Were the rude and ignorant comments of a 70+ year old woman so horrible that you and your friend were blinded to everyone else who was at the party? Take what you like and leave the rest.
No matter what you do some people are immature and need to grow up. They have nothing better to do then to assume a relationship with two people.


You know what is or isn't going on between you and your friend. It's no one else business.


Do to your aunt like I did to my uncle, next time you see her with a female friend make the same remarks to her. And she will definitely speak up to you. Then tell her and remind her what she did to you at the family party. My uncle realize and apology to me for he did and called my friend and apology to him also. Now he's really careful with his remarks because you don't always know what the relationship is between two people. And it's none of your business what is going on between two people. And people need to grow up and think before they speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment