Tuesday, November 22, 2011

An Advice on having a Character as a Company Trademark.?

I am on the mist of starting a business dealing with real estate in terms of investing in for- and non-profit ventures. Because of my artistic skills I have came up with a ficticious character that could positively represent my company and potentially aid us in our marketing and advertising. The problem is that I-nor my attorney-currently have no idea on how to legally place the rights on an art image. Any advice or suggestions would be very helpful.








Due to circumstances, I could only consider your opinion and use it solely as a non-legal suggestion so that you are not held accountable for it in case me or anyone apart of my company decides to react on it.An Advice on having a Character as a Company Trademark.?
Courts use trademark and copyright laws to back up the rights to a character. File proper trademark registration (you can do this online) and copyright the image as well. Find a different lawyer - this is very basic and easy answer. We use Walter Messick PA in Boca Raton to trademark our inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment