Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need help for this mess an airline company did to me, please advice?

I was making a one way airline ticket, gave my credit card number and the sales rep told me that they needed a form signed and faxed before they were able to issue tickets. I asked if my card woill be charged, he said no until the form is received. The form stated:I understand the total charge will be $ 757.25 USD and I authorize to charge my card etc. etc. There was then a change of plans then so I never faxed the form. I called and asked if they were going to charge me the 290 cancellation fee and theysaid no. So now I noticed my bank is full of more than 200 dollars in overdraft fees because they actually charged my card in full. The airline manager wants me to e-mail a print screen image of those charges is it safe? What legal recourse do I have?I need help for this mess an airline company did to me, please advice?
The airline manager already has your credit card information and sending him the documents confirming that the charges they made to your card are real won't matter much. You might not want to do this by email as this is not always safe. Ask for a direct fax line instead. They should have a record of the charges anyway, so I don't know why he is asking for that.


Legally, you never authorized the charge to your credit card and you asked them twice if they would charge your card and they said no both times. I would say that you won't have anything to worry about legally. They usually tape all their calls and if they refuse to refund you in full, your lawyer could ask for those tapes and prove that they never had authorization to charge your credit card. They know this, so I don't think that they are going to give you any trouble. Make sure that you get names of all the people you talk to and ask if they have employee ID numbers so that they can be identified later if needed. Also, tell them that since they made an unauthorized charge on your card, you would also like them to pay the overdraft fees. Make copies of the fees you were charged and (as I said before) track names and dates of all the people you deal with (even if they are just transferring you). If you don't want to go further with legal proceedings, you can also contact your local Better Business Bureau and file a complaint/report. Usually, the company will do what they need to do to keep you happy, especially when the whole thing was their fault.I need help for this mess an airline company did to me, please advice?
send it without your account number info. they'll probably take it off and it'll be safe.
If the airline was not authorized to charge your account and did, resulting in overdraft fees, they should refund the amount charged and reimburse you for the fees. You should get them to send you a letter stating that the charge was unauthorized, take it to your bank, and try to get the charges reversed. Any that they will not reverse should be reimbursed by the airline. I would send then the screen images. He will need them to document any refund he gives you. It sounds like they are trying to do the right thing. I would black out all but the last 4 digits of your account number, though, so that there is enough info to identify you but not to steal your account info.

No comments:

Post a Comment