Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need advice on starting a new marketing company. Do I need to know HTML?

I am fresh out of college and I am looking to starting a marketing/advertising/pr and consulting company part time. I have the marketing knowledge, some photo shop and PR knowledge and I know the community that I hope to reach. My issue is with HTML and web design. I know that many companies are moving towards the web, but I have very limited HTML and coding skill.





Is it wiser to contract my web design work out to other companies and focus on the other intangibles or should I just suck it up and learn the coding needed? Also is it wise to seek out a marketing consultant for additional advice since I am starting a marketing company?I need advice on starting a new marketing company. Do I need to know HTML?
The internet makes it pretty easy to find someone to do the web design that you need for a decent price. If your company is centered around doing mostly offline marketing and advertising then I would suggest partnering up with someone else who can do the online side. I could point you in the right direction if you'd like. However, if you're going to be doing the online side I think it's possible to pick up most of the HTML learning that you need on the go.





It's usually a good idea to get some advice from people who have been doing what you want to do for longer than you have. However, marketing is an art and not an exact science and technology is changing fast. I'd say definitely get advice from others, but don't be too afraid to go out on a limb and do your own thing either.





Hope this helps.


-MattI need advice on starting a new marketing company. Do I need to know HTML?
What I did was to buy a template website and then just edit it using Notepad; cheap, effective and very professional looking and you can produce a top class website in a couple of evenings of your spare time without buying lots of expensive software.





When you've done that and you need to look at promoting your website then Google for '5Day Traffic Makeover', again, this is a very low cost ebook with everything you need to get started cheaply.
I would suggest you to let the experts build the website for you so that your website can look superb. You need to focus on what you're good at. So, you don't have to know html. Just go online and find a local web design service to take care of your website development for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment