Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Temp for almost 3 yrs at one company now they let me go..advice?

Im very upset. Ive been a temp at this one company for 2 1/2 yrs straight. About 3-4 other perms that work here started off as a temp from my agency.


So last week my supervisor tells me the big boss decided they dont need someone all year long so theyd have to let me go but I can come back in november (my last day is this friday). She told me she disagrees that she thinks we do need someone all year.





Im upset cause i cant go 3 months without work. also, everyone always asked when I was going to become perm...even my sup. said she wanted me to be permanent.





im emotionally and financially atttached to this place it hurts





any advice on what to do?Temp for almost 3 yrs at one company now they let me go..advice?
Apply for the unemployment benefits. You should be awarded benefits, where you can look for other permanent work, and if you don't find a perm. job then you can go back in November, but at least you'll have some income coming in.





If you see that they aren't going to call you back in, then you continue your job search, and if in the states, go to an employment office and apply for any other trainings they may have available for people who have lost their jobs.





Best of luck to you!Temp for almost 3 yrs at one company now they let me go..advice?
well if it was a temp position u should have had something else on the side however that does suck and the economy is horrible right now. i got laid off 7 months ago and im almost completely out of cash. hold ur head up high and keep a positivie attitude. u will be fine

No comments:

Post a Comment