Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just started a company and I am clueless pls gimme advice?

we are 4 partners. Joe, Sam, my husband and me.





Bank account was opened in Joe and Sams names


We have no contract


Joe and Sam registered the Pty Ltd


been going for 4 months now, my husband and I have been bringing in all the business and they have done nothing.





As a salary - we have been taking 50 % of the profit each month so there is still a bit of money in the bank





Now we wanna go on our own . How can we make sure we get 50 % of that money or more? We cant just walk out and let them take whats left . Cant afford a lawyer right now but I belong to legalwise - can they help?





Whats the first step? register a cc?


I am not blacklisted but I have been a bad payer with my accounts - will I be able to get a business cheque account?





Thanks for your adviceJust started a company and I am clueless pls gimme advice?
You belong to Legalwise so the 1st step will be to go and see an attorney at Legalwise. It is difficult to give you advise as I do not know who or what you are in the company, are you a shareholder , a director or an employee. Have you signed any papers at all, in whose name is the bank account and who has signing power on the cheques? No atorney will ever be able to give you any proper legal advise on Yahoo Answers because:


1. You cannot give advise without seeing all the documents and papers and without having a proper consultation;


2. It is too risky to give advise like this;


3. It will cost any attorney time and money.





So if I were you i will phone Legalwise. Some Universities Law Faculties also give ';free'; legal advise.Just started a company and I am clueless pls gimme advice?
Since there's no contract between the 4 of you, and since the bank account in not in your names, i think it will be difficult for you to prove that you are entitled to any of the money in the bank account. Did Joe %26amp; Sam require any of your details in registering the Private Company? If not, sorry because the Registrar doesn't have any proof to connect you to the company.





In simple terms, they have been tacking you for a ride. There might be no other option but to seek legal assistance.
Why don't you post this in the ';business and finance'; category instead?
According to the Taxi Drivers Association and African culture the most tried and trusted method of resolving business disputes in South Africa is to shoot them.

No comments:

Post a Comment