Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HELP! Need advice on menacing/harassment from pipeline company?

Earlier I asked a question about an LNG pipeline that was planned to go through my grandmother's property. (See My questions for details, for some reason I can't post the link to the question on here.) The Australian company building it knows my grandmother is on very terrible terms with them (She pointed a shotgun at their lawyers after she refused a huge sum of money for permission to build it and they said, ';Don't worry, we'll get permission one way or another.';)





Anyway, for quite some time, on random intermittent days, the people from the company will hover around the property of us, and the neighbors from who the pipeline will be coming from and going to. It's been getting increasingly frequent as of late. The vehicles they most commonly come in:





-A small orange Cessna two-seater plane with bumblebee stripes on the ends of the wings and the tail fin. I'm unable to give the plane number at this time. This guy likes to fly in low over our property at altitudes as low as 250 feet. Fool almost hit a tree yesterday. I heard from my Uncle Jeff (who is in flight school) that planes must maintain an altitude of 1,000 feet or higher while flying, so this guy is violating our airspace rights and a few FAA laws.





-A green 1997 Ford F-250 Crew Cab with a yellow revolving light on the roof and red and white warning stripe on the bottom of the sides. Oregon License Plate: VVE 683.





This guy is a jerk. He almost sideswiped me on several occasions because he's too busy ogling at our property to pay attention to the road. He'll drive slow in front of our property, then turn around in the neighbor's property and circle around again. This will go on until he wants to leave or until one of us walks outside and sees him. Then he hightails it as fast as he can go.





I told the cop that hangs out in front of the old St. Louis Church down the road about him, and he said he'd keep an eye out for the truck, but there wasn't much else he could do. Isn't there something we can do? Maybe have them arrested for harassment or menacing, or something? I have asked this question before but nobody will help me. All I get is retards saying ';Suck it up and sell the property'; but we don't want to.HELP! Need advice on menacing/harassment from pipeline company?
I'm sorry that I can't tell you much, but I would certainly recommend that you talk to an attorney about possible charges or things to watch out for that might be criminal in nature. And tell your grandma that it's probably not wise to attempt to intimidate anyone with a firearm or she could find herself under arrest, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment